Saturday 15 August 2015

കോഴിക്കോടിന്‍റെ മൊഹബത്തിലെക്ക് വീണ്ടും - Returning to my own Kozhikode


You will never know the cost of things you own as long as you dont loose it, or as you say in our mother toungue "മുറ്റത്തെ മുല്ലക്ക് മണമില്ല"  (Jasmine at our courtyard has no perfume), I spend most of my life at our own പടച്ചൊന്റെ സ്വന്തം കോയിക്കോട് (Gods own Kozhikode), but never understood the  the fragrance or warmth of it until I started to miss it when I become a expat a decade ago.

The annual leaves which was sanctioned when ever there was an opportunity in our companies busy roster.  The plans will start the day the permission is granted and the tickets were booked.  The majority of the dates were taken by the home visists and normal temple visists, and plans never been as scheduled till date.

Man proposes and God disposes, സിനിമേ പറഞ്ഞ പോലെ "ഈ പടച്ചോല് വല്ലാത്ത സാധനം ആണ് , ചില സ്വപ്‌നങ്ങള്‍ നമ്മള്‍ മറന്നാലും അങ്ങേര് മറക്കൂല്ല",   now he has diposed me to come back to my own Kohikode.



To feel the old friendships,  taste Kozhikkodan kitchen,  warmth of the Kohikottukaar, the courtesy of Auto Chettanmaar.

To see the Kozhikode in a different perspective of a Gulf Returnee. 

Hope will be able to scribble more about the place when I am back.


No comments:

Post a Comment